At White & Sons we know the importance of great photos when marketing a home. This is why we only work with the very best in their field. Our Reigate office have been working with a talented freelance photographer, Thomas Gilder, for many years. Thomas takes great pride in his work and is exceptionally good at dressing a home ready to be photographed. He has very kindly provided some of his key suggestions for preparing your home to be photographed.
“Whilst some might paint, decorate or plaster, others may simply want to ensure that their home is looking at its very best by using all the beautiful things that they’ve surrounded themselves with over the years.” His room by room practical advice will help maximise the photographers’ time and increase visability. Below are a few carefully selected suggestions, he has provided many more.
· Cushions should be plumped up.
· Mantel pieces and window ledges, look best with a few carefully selected items, such as flowers or glassware.
· Although not entirely necessary, a dining table laid very simply will often be more appealing.
· Candlesticks with (new) candles always look good.
· Apart from everyday items, e.g. toasters, kettles and knife blocks, surfaces should be completely clear.
· It’s best to remove any items that are resting on the very top of your kitchen units nearest the ceiling.
· Although great for storage, items placed underneath a bed will almost always be visible in photographs and should be removed.
· As with many other rooms, vases of flowers always look beautiful.
· Towel are fine if they’re nicely folded.
· Toilet rolls can remain on show but only if they’re new.
· Many of us have photographs on wall and surfaces throughout our home. We also display mementoes which often carry the names and sometimes dates of the people and/or occasions that they celebrate. It may be that you’re comfortable with these things being visible, but for others it might not be something that they’ve considered.
· If you have a space dedicated to your child/children, it’s more about making sure that it’s as neat as is humanly possible.
· Depending on the time of year, it’s worth ensuring that the grass is kept mown, flower beds maintained and paths/driveways etc. kept clear of leaves and other detritus.
If you would like any further suggestion, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thomas Gilder is a freelance photographer living and working in and around the Reigate area, for further details visit his Instagram page
Summer sellers tempt buyers preoccupied by holidays”08 September 2023 Read article
Looking to sell?
Established in 1817 White & Sons are award winning independent estate agent with offices in Dorking, Reigate, Horley, Oxted & Leatherhead. We are a forward thinking business which uses cutting edge technology backed by 200 years of experience to assist with all your property related matters.