Complaints Handling Procedure
If you have a complaint relating to a member of staff, department or the firm in general then this note sets out the procedure which we will follow in dealing with that complaint:
1. Any complaint should initially be raised with the relevant Head of Department or Branch Manager, a list of our staff can be access on the White and Sons website by clicking here. Where the complaint is initially made orally, you will be required to send a written summary of your complaint to the person dealing with it.
2. If you feel a dispute has not been resolved satisfactorily, by the Head of Department or Branch Manager and the matter needs to escalated, a formal written complaint will need to be made to the company’s Complaints Officer:
White & Sons
Tel no: 01306 743344
3. In order to process your complaint, we will require completion of our complaints form which will be supplied to you by the Complaints Department.
4. Once we have received your written summary of the complaint, we will contact you in writing (by email) within 7 days (if the complaint relates to one of our Professional departments) or 3 days (if the complaint relates to one of our residential departments) to inform you of our understanding of the circumstances leading to your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
5. Within 21 days (if the complaint relates to one of our Professional departments) or 15 days (if the complaint relates to one of our residential departments) of receipt of your written summary, the person dealing with your complaint will write to you in order to inform you of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions have been, or will, be taken.
6. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect, or our handling, of your complaint (or more than 8 weeks has elapsed since the complaint was first made) then we will attempt to resolve this promptly through negotiations, but otherwise agree to refer the matter to an appropriate Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanism approved by The Regulatory Board of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors in relation to our professional departments or for complaints relating to a residential property the matter will be referred to the:
Property Ombudsman, Milford House, 43-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wilts, SP1 2BP.
Tel: 01722 333 306
You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months from the date of our final viewpoint, including any evidence to support your case.