At White & Sons we recognise that a successful business depends on attracting and retaining staff of the highest calibre. Our retention rate is one of the highest in the industry and we achieve this by encouraging our staff to develop and realise their fullest potential.
Everyone at White & Sons works hard to achieve the best results for our clients. One of the advantages of working within a Private Partnership is the opportunities and advantages awarded to people on the basis of their ability.
White & Sons are always looking for keen, enthusiastic and career minded individuals, with or without property experience.
If you think you are the right person and would be interested in progressing a career with us, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please email your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com
Architectural Assistant/Technician (part time)
White and Sons are a multi-disciplinary property consultancy and estate agency with five offices in Surrey. Our growing Planning & Development team is now looking to expand by appointing an Architectural Assistant/Technician to work alongside our existing surveyors and planners.
Our planning team works closely with our Land and New Homes Team and our Agricultural Surveyors as well as our Estate Agents. We have a broad existing client base, including a large number of farming clients as well as private and public landowners and developers. We regularly advise on and plan for all aspects of development from house extensions, barn conversions and larger strategic developments.
We are looking to appoint a Part 1 or Part 2 Architectural Assistant/Technician in the Planning & Development Team. The position is part time (20 hours per week) with flexible working hours available.
The post is based in our Horley office.
The post offers an excellent opportunity for career progression within an award winning long established and diverse company.
- To conduct measured surveys of existing buildings and prepare scaled plans and elevations;
- To take on board the development brief of the client and site/planning constraints;
- To carry out feasibility studies to help determine development capacity of sites and the most optimum form of development;
- To prepare planning drawings for new developments and conversions;
- To liaise with colleagues, external consultants and clients on development proposals;
The Architectural Assistant/Technician will report in the first instance to the Associate Partner of the Planning & Development and thereafter to the Partner in charge of Professional Services.
- Educated to degree level
- Knowledge of building construction
- Good knowledge of building regulations an advantage
Skills & experience
- Ideally the candidate will have had experience conducting measured surveys
- Ability to conduct measured surveys and prepare plans efficiently within budget/time constraints
- Proficient in the use CAD and Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of other software packages potentially an advantage
- Communicate effectively and diplomatically with clients, other staff and professionals
- Manage workload and priorities and meet deadlines
- Awareness of health and safety
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision when required
- Full driving licence and access to car
- £18,000-25,000 pa pro rata DOE
Enquiries in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales Negotiator - Horley Office
We are actively seeking someone who is looking for a varied and rewarding role as a Sales Negotiator for an independent and established firm of Estate Agents who believe in traditional values. Previous sales experience is preferable but training will be given to the right candidate.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure within a target orientated environment.
- Accurate, Numerate & Computer Literate
- A Team Player
- An Excellent Communicator and Negotiator
- Able to inspire trust and confidence in clients and Buyers
- A car owner with a full driving licence
If so, we would like to hear from you. Please send a letter of application and CV to email@example.com
I have just been through a very stressful house move and I honestly do not believe I would have made it through without the help, diligence, care and continuous support of Loraine."
Very professional, flexible, helpful and friendly""
We are very pleased with the savings on the building insurance - many thanks to all involved. I have been most impressed by the efficient, well organised and excellent communication by Sophie and Tamsyn"
A Block Management Client
Thank you so much for selling house No. 3!!! Here's hoping I find my forever home soon. You are all brilliant and it’s a pleasure working and knowing you all."
I would like to thank you and your team for looking after me so very well as a Landlord, you guys are always fast, effective, and friendly. You explain everything with clarity, and you looked after my tenant as well."