The health and safety of our staff and clients is our number one priority and we will only arrange a physical viewing where we deem it absolutely necessary. We encourage people to do their property searching online wherever possible. Initial viewings should be done virtually, wherever this is possible, and physical viewings should only be conducted where buyers are seriously considering making an offer on a property.
Prior to any viewing taking place we will ask the following health questions of all parties.
- Are you in the at ‘risk’ category as outlined by Government?
- Are you/anyone in your household symptomatic?
- Have you/anyone in the household previously tested positive and have since recovered?
- Have you got access to gloves, sanitising gels, etc?
- Are occupiers able to leave the property for the duration of a visit/view/inspection?
Once we are satisfied that a viewing can take place we will be asking all parties involved to adhere to the following Government advice.
- All viewings should take place by appointment only.
- No open house viewings should take place.
- If your property is being viewed, you should open all the internal doors prior to the viewing, and allow access to handwashing facilities and ideally separate towels/paper towels.
- As most people choose to do, we encourage that you vacate your property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise your contact with those not in your household.
- When viewing a property, all parties should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces where possible. Agents will ask you to restrict the number of people who accompany you on a viewing so that social distancing can be practised.
- Viewings can consist of a group of any size from up to two households (each household can include an existing support bubble, if eligible) plus the person showing the property.
- If they are not from two households, the maximum number of people allowed to a viewing is six (children of all ages count towards the limit of 6).
- Where we accompany clients on a viewing social distancing rules will apply.
- Agents can accompany physical viewings and seek to maintain a minimum of 2 metres distance from others wherever possible.
- All viewings must be conducted with a face covering for everyone entering the premises.
- Where viewings are unaccompanied, we will make sure viewers and homeowners understand how they should conduct themselves.
- Once the viewing has taken place, the homeowner should ensure surfaces, such as door handles, are cleaned with standard household cleaning products and towels disposed of safely or washed as appropriate.
- Agents should ensure that any keys are appropriately cleaned before handover.
Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
To read the full guidance on home moving during the coronavirus outbreak follow this link
Last updated 19th May 2021.