- This is the time to dig out the check-in inventory which would have been conducted at the start of your tenancy. Ensure your property is in a similar condition as described in the inventory.
- The cleaning of your property needs to be thorough, ideally to a professional standard. Don’t forget the washing machine, cooker, carpets and replace any blown light bulbs. Double check your agreement – did you agree to have your property professional cleaned?
- Fridges & freezers need to be emptied and cleaned. If agreed the freezer needs to be defrosted.
- Remove all personal belongings and rubbish from the property.
- We would advise that you highlight any missing or damaged items as soon as possible.
- All keys need to be handed back to either the landlord or the letting agent.
- You will need to supply your utility companies with final meter readings.
- Make all necessary arrangements for your mail to be forward to your ongoing address.
Should you need any help or advice contact our lettings team.
Looking to sell?
Established in 1817 White & Sons are award winning independent estate agent with offices in Dorking, Reigate, Horley, Oxted & Leatherhead. We are a forward thinking business which uses cutting edge technology backed by 200 years of experience to assist with all your property related matters.