We had the privilege of welcoming Charlotte Skinner from Bond & Associates to our monthly Managers meeting this week, and what a delight it was.
During her update and general observations on the mortgage market, Charlotte reassured us that there are a lot of positives to be found. Here are our five key takeaways:
- Mortgage product rates HAVE come down and today have CONTINUED to do so.
- There are more 95%/100% loan to value products available than you’d think.
- Affordability has become a little easier – some mainstream lenders are offering multiples of 5 - 5.5 x household income.
- Most lenders will allow our broker to amend your rate up to the date of exchange – so if a better rate comes along our broker can apply for that.
- For anyone struggling to pay their mortgage, there is a new initiative called the Mortgage Charter which has been designed to help you out. Read more here.
As is typical with financial products, terms and conditions apply.
We would strongly advise you speak to Bond & Associates to get expect advice; to do so contact any one of our branches.
Summer sellers tempt buyers preoccupied by holidays”08 September 2023 Read article
Looking to sell?
Established in 1817 White & Sons are award winning independent estate agent with offices in Dorking, Reigate, Horley, Oxted & Leatherhead. We are a forward thinking business which uses cutting edge technology backed by 200 years of experience to assist with all your property related matters.